Vision, Mission and Values
The USBE Vision
USBE is a university-based business school firmly rooted in the region, nationally influential and internationally respected.
The USBE Mission
USBE creates knowledge in interaction with stakeholders to develop responsible leaders with a sustainability orientation for a local and global society by:
- providing a high-quality adaptive learning environment that stimulates professional independent thinking for future challenges;
- providing a dynamic environment enabling discipline-based research with high international standards in strong research profiles;
- acting as a catalyst and partner to generate and share knowledge and experience in cooperation with business and the community.
In line with the university, USBE is firmly rooted in an academic tradition of freedom, knowledge seeking, and loyalty, combined with a marked focus on sustainability and responsibility and a commitment in which entrepreneurial creativity, trustworthiness and the will to collaborate are crucial. USBE is characterized by its openness and approachability. USBE is the people in it, and the faculty and staff are the most important resources.
USBE shares the following values with UmU:
- The freedom to explore and be critical;
- Responsibility in thought and action;
- Readiness to collaborate;
- Entrepreneurial to inspire and create
These core values integrated in USBE’s mindset support the attainment of high quality in research and education, and stimulate positive collaboration with stakeholders in order to achieve our mission.