Theory and method: Causal inference in observational studies; Model selection and validation; Incomplete data; Lifecourse analyses.
Fields of application: Register based research in the social and medical sciences; Evaluation studies; Lifelong health and welfare incl ageing.
- Longitudinal studies of cognitive aging: Multivariate and fMRI outcomes with non-ignorable dropout (Swedish Research Council) - Open PhD student position -->> announcement.
- Microdata research on childhood for lifelong health and welfare -Umeå SIMSAM Network (Swedish Research Council)
- Ageing and living conditions (Swedish Research Council)
- Autumn semester 2013: Advanced inference.
- Spring semester 2013: Quantitative research methods in the social sciences
- Autumn semester 2012: Causal inference in register studies
- Philip Fowler
- Minna Hjelmér
- Co-supervisor for: Emma Persson, Anita Lindmark
- Maria Josefsson (PhD, 2013: Attrition in studies of cognitive ageing)
- Mathias Lundin (PhD, 2011: Sensistivity analysis of untestable assumptions in causal inference)
- Jenny Häggström (PhD, 2011: Selection of smoothing parameters with application in causal inference)
- Suad Elezovic (PhD, 2009: Modeling financial volatility: A functional approach with applications to Swedish limit order book data)
- Ingeborg Waernbaum (PhD, 2008: Covariate selection and propensity score specification in causal inference )
- Persson, E, Häggström, J, Waernbaum, I & de Luna, X (2013) Data-driven algorithms for dimension reduction in causal inference: analyzing the effect of school achievements on acute complications of type 1 diabetes mellitus. Preprint. arXiv:1309.4054
R-package for covariate selection and causal inference.
- Häggström, J and de Luna, X. (2013) Targeted Smoothing Parameter Selection for Estimating Average Causal Effects. Preprint. arXiv:1306.4509
- de Luna, X., Johansson, P., and Sjöstedt-de Luna, S. (2010) Bootstrap inference for K-nearest neighbour matching estimators. IZA Discussion Papers 5361, Institute for the Study of Labor, Bonn. Download pdf.
- Karlsson, M., Cantoni, E. and de Luna, X., (2009) Local polynomial regression with truncated or censored response, IFAU Working paper 2009:25, Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU). Download pdf. In Swedish:
- de Luna, X., Forslund, A., and Liljeberg, L. (2008) Effekter av yrkesinriktad arbetsmarknadsutbildning f?r deltagare under perioden 2002-04, IFAU Working paper 2008:1, Institute for Labour Market Policy Evaluation (IFAU). Download pdf.
- de Luna, X. and Johansson, P. (2014) Testing the unconfoundedness assumption using an instrumental assumption. Journal of Causal Inference. DOI: 10.1515/jci-2013-0011
- de Luna, X. and Lundin, M. (2014) Sensitivity analysis of the unconfoundedess assumption with an application to an evaluation of college choice effects on earnings. J of Applied Statistics. DOI: 10.1080/02664763.2014.890178
- Josefsson, M., de Luna, X., Pudas, S., Nilsson, L.G., Nyberg, L. (2012) Genetic and lifestyle predictors of 15-year longitudinal change in episodic memory. J of American Geriatrics Society 60(12), 2308–2312.
- de Luna, X., Waernbaum, I., and Richardson, T. (2011) Covariate selection for the non-parametric estimation of an average treatment effect, Biometrika, 98, 861-875. Free access lineR-package for covariate selection and causal inference.
- Stenberg, A., de Luna, X., and Westerlund, O. (2011) Can Adult Upper Secondary Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market? Journal of Population Economics 25(2), 2012, 677-696.
(WP version: IFAU 2010:2).
- de Luna, X. and Johansson, P. (2010), Non-parametric inference for the effect of a treatment on survival times with application in the health and social sciences, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 140, 2122-2137. Paper and Erratum.
- de Luna, X. and Häggström, J. (2010), Estimating Prediction Error: Cross-Validation vs. Accumulated Prediction Error, Communications in statistics. Simulation and computation 39, 880-898.
- Daunfeldt, S.-O. and de Luna, X. (2008), Central Bank Independence and Price Stability: Evidence from 23 OECD-countries, Oxford Economic Papers 60, 410-422.
- de Luna, X. and Johansson, P. (2008) Graphical diagnostics of endogeneity, In Advances in Econometrics, Vol. 21: Modeling and Evaluating Treatment Effects in Econometrics, Millimet, D.L, Smith, J.A. and Vytlacil E. (Eds), pp.147-166.
- de Luna, X and Johansson, P. (2006), Exogeneity in structural equation models, Journal of Econometrics, 132, 527-543.
- Cantoni, E. and de Luna, X. (2006), Non-parametric adjustment for covariates when estimating a treatment effect, Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 18, 227-244.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2005), Predictive spatio-temporal models for spatially sparse environmental data, Statistica Sinica, 15, 547-568.
- Bask, M. and de Luna, X. (2005), EMU and the Stability and Volatility of Foreign Exchange: Some Empirical Evidence, Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, 25, 737-750.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2004), Spatio-temporal autoregressive models for US unemployment rate, in Advances in Econometrics: Spatial and Spatiotemporal Econometrics, J. P. Lesage, R. K. Pace (eds), Elsevier, Vol. 18, 283-298.
- de Luna, X. and Skouras, K. (2003), Choosing a Model Selection Strategy. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 30, 113-128.
- Bask, M. and de Luna, X. (2002), Characterizing the degree of stability of non-linear dynamic models, Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, Vol. 6: No. 1, Article 3. Download www.bepress.com/snde/vol6/iss1/art3/.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2002), Simulation-based Inference for Simultaneous Processes on Regular Lattices, Statistics and Computing, 12, 125-134.
- de Luna, X. (2001), Guaranteed-content Prediction Intervals for Non-linear Autoregressions, Journal of Forecasting, 20, 265-272.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2001), Robust Simulation-Based Estimation of ARMA Models. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 10, 370-387.
- Daunfeldt, S.-O. and de Luna, X. (2001),The Efficacy and Cost of Regime Shifts in Inflation Policies: Evidence from New Zealand and Sweden, Applied Economics, 33, 217-224.
- de Luna, X. (2000) Prediction Intervals Based on Autoregression Forecasts, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series D, 49, 87-93.
- Genton, M.G. and de Luna, X. (2000), Robust Simulation-based Estimation, Statistics and Probability Letters, 48, 253-259.
- Brännäs, K. and de Luna, X. (1998), Generalized Method of Moment and Indirect Estimation of the ARasMA Model, Computational Statistics, 13, 485-494.
- de Luna, X. (1998), An Improvement of Akaike's FPE Criterion to Reduce its Variability, Journal of Time Series Analysis, 19, 457-472.
- de Luna, X. (1998), Projected Polynomial Autoregression for Prediction of Stationary Time Series, Journal of Applied Statistics, 25, 763-776.
2008- : Affiliated researcher at the Institute of Labour Market Policy Evaluation (IFAU), Uppsala.
2007- : Professor of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2009-2011: Head of the Department of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2007-08 : Research Fellow at the Institute of Labour Market Policy Evaluation (IFAU), Uppsala.
2002-06 : Associate Professor at the Dept. of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2001-2002 : Assistant Professor at the Dept. of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2000-2002 : Statistical consultant at the Ume? School of Business, Umeå University, Sweden.
1999-2001 : Research Fellow at the Dept. of Economics, Umeå University, Sweden. Research funded by the Wikström's Foundation (1999-2000), and the Wallander and Hedelius' Foundation (2000-2001).
1997-1999: Lecturer in Statistics, Dept. of Statistical Science, University College London, UK.
1996-1997: Post-doctoral research fellow at the Dept. of Economics, Umeå University, Sweden. Funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
1996: Docteur ès sciences (PhD in Statistics), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland.