Theory and method: Causal inference in observational studies; Model selection and validation; Incomplete data; Lifecourse analyses.
Fields of application: Register based research in the social and medical sciences; Evaluation studies; Lifelong health and welfare incl ageing.
- Longitudinal studies of cognitive aging: Multivariate and fMRI outcomes with non-ignorable dropout (Swedish Research Council)
- Microdata research on childhood for lifelong health and welfare -Umeå SIMSAM Network (Swedish Research Council)
- Ageing and living conditions (Swedish Research Council)
- Autumn semester 2013: Advanced inference.
- Spring semester 2013: Quantitative research methods in the social sciences
- Autumn semester 2012: Causal inference in register studies
- Philip Fowler
- Minna Hjelmér
- Co-supervisor for: Emma Persson, Anita Lindmark
- Maria Josefsson (PhD, 2013: Attrition in studies of cognitive ageing)
- Mathias Lundin (PhD, 2011: Sensistivity analysis of untestable assumptions in causal inference)
- Jenny Häggström (PhD, 2011: Selection of smoothing parameters with application in causal inference)
- Suad Elezovic (PhD, 2009: Modeling financial volatility: A functional approach with applications to Swedish limit order book data)
- Ingeborg Waernbaum (PhD, 2008: Covariate selection and propensity score specification in causal inference )
- Persson, E, Häggström, J, Waernbaum, I & de Luna, X (2013) Data-driven algorithms for dimension reduction in causal inference: analyzing the effect of school achievements on acute complications of type 1 diabetes mellitus. Preprint. arXiv:1309.4054
R-package for covariate selection and causal inference.
- Häggström, J and de Luna, X. (2013) Targeted Smoothing Parameter Selection for Estimating Average Causal Effects. Preprint. arXiv:1306.4509
- de Luna, X. and Johansson, P. (2012) Testing for nonparametric identification of causal effects in the presence of a quasi-instrument. IFAU Working Paper 2012:14, Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU), Uppsala. Download pdf.
- de Luna, X., Johansson, P., and Sjöstedt-de Luna, S. (2010) Bootstrap inference for K-nearest neighbour matching estimators. IZA Discussion Papers 5361, Institute for the Study of Labor, Bonn. Download pdf.
- de Luna, X. and Lundin, M. (2009) Sensitivity analysis of the unconfoundedess assumption in observational studies, IFAU Working paper 2009:12, Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU). Download pdf.
- Karlsson, M., Cantoni, E. and de Luna, X., (2009) Local polynomial regression with truncated or censored response, IFAU Working paper 2009:25, Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy (IFAU). Download pdf. In Swedish:
- de Luna, X., Forslund, A., and Liljeberg, L. (2008) Effekter av yrkesinriktad arbetsmarknadsutbildning f?r deltagare under perioden 2002-04, IFAU Working paper 2008:1, Institute for Labour Market Policy Evaluation (IFAU). Download pdf.
- Josefsson, M., de Luna, X., Pudas, S., Nilsson, L.G., Nyberg, L. (2012) Genetic and lifestyle predictors of 15-year longitudinal change in episodic memory. J of American Geriatrics Society 60(12), 2308–2312.
- de Luna, X., Waernbaum, I., and Richardson, T. (2011) Covariate selection for the non-parametric estimation of an average treatment effect, Biometrika, 98, 861-875. Free access lineR-package for covariate selection and causal inference.
- Stenberg, A., de Luna, X., and Westerlund, O. (2011) Can Adult Upper Secondary Education Delay Retirement from the Labour Market? Journal of Population Economics 25(2), 2012, 677-696.
(WP version: IFAU 2010:2).
- de Luna, X. and Johansson, P. (2010), Non-parametric inference for the effect of a treatment on survival times with application in the health and social sciences, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 140, 2122-2137. Paper and Erratum.
- de Luna, X. and Häggström, J. (2010), Estimating Prediction Error: Cross-Validation vs. Accumulated Prediction Error, Communications in statistics. Simulation and computation 39, 880-898.
- Daunfeldt, S.-O. and de Luna, X. (2008), Central Bank Independence and Price Stability: Evidence from 23 OECD-countries, Oxford Economic Papers 60, 410-422.
- de Luna, X. and Johansson, P. (2008) Graphical diagnostics of endogeneity, In Advances in Econometrics, Vol. 21: Modeling and Evaluating Treatment Effects in Econometrics, Millimet, D.L, Smith, J.A. and Vytlacil E. (Eds), pp.147-166.
- de Luna, X and Johansson, P. (2006), Exogeneity in structural equation models, Journal of Econometrics, 132, 527-543.
- Cantoni, E. and de Luna, X. (2006), Non-parametric adjustment for covariates when estimating a treatment effect, Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 18, 227-244.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2005), Predictive spatio-temporal models for spatially sparse environmental data, Statistica Sinica, 15, 547-568.
- Bask, M. and de Luna, X. (2005), EMU and the Stability and Volatility of Foreign Exchange: Some Empirical Evidence, Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, 25, 737-750.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2004), Spatio-temporal autoregressive models for US unemployment rate, in Advances in Econometrics: Spatial and Spatiotemporal Econometrics, J. P. Lesage, R. K. Pace (eds), Elsevier, Vol. 18, 283-298.
- de Luna, X. and Skouras, K. (2003), Choosing a Model Selection Strategy. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 30, 113-128.
- Bask, M. and de Luna, X. (2002), Characterizing the degree of stability of non-linear dynamic models, Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, Vol. 6: No. 1, Article 3. Download www.bepress.com/snde/vol6/iss1/art3/.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2002), Simulation-based Inference for Simultaneous Processes on Regular Lattices, Statistics and Computing, 12, 125-134.
- de Luna, X. (2001), Guaranteed-content Prediction Intervals for Non-linear Autoregressions, Journal of Forecasting, 20, 265-272.
- de Luna, X. and Genton, M.G. (2001), Robust Simulation-Based Estimation of ARMA Models. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, 10, 370-387.
- Daunfeldt, S.-O. and de Luna, X. (2001),The Efficacy and Cost of Regime Shifts in Inflation Policies: Evidence from New Zealand and Sweden, Applied Economics, 33, 217-224.
- de Luna, X. (2000) Prediction Intervals Based on Autoregression Forecasts, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series D, 49, 87-93.
- Genton, M.G. and de Luna, X. (2000), Robust Simulation-based Estimation, Statistics and Probability Letters, 48, 253-259.
- Brännäs, K. and de Luna, X. (1998), Generalized Method of Moment and Indirect Estimation of the ARasMA Model, Computational Statistics, 13, 485-494.
- de Luna, X. (1998), An Improvement of Akaike's FPE Criterion to Reduce its Variability, Journal of Time Series Analysis, 19, 457-472.
- de Luna, X. (1998), Projected Polynomial Autoregression for Prediction of Stationary Time Series, Journal of Applied Statistics, 25, 763-776.
Professor at the Department of Statistics, Umeå University.
Chair of the steering groups of the Umeå SIMSAM Lab and the national SIMSAM initiative.
Member of the scientific advisory board of Statistics Sweden.
2008- : Affiliated researcher at the Institute of Labour Market Policy Evaluation (IFAU), Uppsala.
2007- : Professor of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2009-2011: Head of the Department of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2007-08 : Research Fellow at the Institute of Labour Market Policy Evaluation (IFAU), Uppsala.
2002-06 : Associate Professor at the Dept. of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2001-2002 : Assistant Professor at the Dept. of Statistics, Umeå University, Sweden.
2000-2002 : Statistical consultant at the Ume? School of Business, Umeå University, Sweden.
1999-2001 : Research Fellow at the Dept. of Economics, Umeå University, Sweden. Research funded by the Wikström's Foundation (1999-2000), and the Wallander and Hedelius' Foundation (2000-2001).
1997-1999: Lecturer in Statistics, Dept. of Statistical Science, University College London, UK.
1996-1997: Post-doctoral research fellow at the Dept. of Economics, Umeå University, Sweden. Funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
1996: Docteur ès sciences (PhD in Statistics), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland.